AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Changing the name of an ad in a video campaign requires re-approval?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does changing the "ad name" of a video ad in a video campaign always resubmit the ad for approval before it will run? Especially when creating new video ads, I sometimes need to further differentiate them from eachother or explain their use in greater detail. I'd like to make sure if this is always the case so I can plan accordingly. It did this with an ad today, and added a couple hours of delay on the campaign.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Changing the name of an ad in a video campaign requires re-approva

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there,

Good question. I just tried it in my test account and every time I renamed a video ad, it went back under review. This leads me to believe that no matter what the edit is,  the system will register a change and will push the ad back under review. 

This could change in future, and maybe certain edits won't trigger a re-review. But I'd imagine the Policy Team might be a bit cautious about implementing that sort of feature. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ahmed Ali (Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Changing the name of an ad in a video campaign requires re-approva

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there,

Good question. I just tried it in my test account and every time I renamed a video ad, it went back under review. This leads me to believe that no matter what the edit is,  the system will register a change and will push the ad back under review. 

This could change in future, and maybe certain edits won't trigger a re-review. But I'd imagine the Policy Team might be a bit cautious about implementing that sort of feature.