AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Chain of hospitals - older ones have full approval - new ones "approval limited" - killing us.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

My client is a well established and reputable chain of ~20 hospitals which have an inpatient and outpatient addiction treatment department.  I am attempting to use Adwords for new hospitals they open and reach addiction treatment searchers and advocates, but we have "Approval, Limited" on the ads and the impression counts are tiny.  Meanwhile we have approvals at other hospitals where the impression counts are healthy. 

I must believe that the Approval/Limited status is preventing us from reaching our potential patients in the new hospitals, while the older hospitals are able to display the ads no problem as people search for ___________ addiction phrases.

How can I extend the approval previously granted to our hospitals to the new ones?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Chain of hospitals - older ones have full approval - new ones "approval limited" - killing us.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What's the reason mentioned for the "approved limited"?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6327680

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Meanwhile... don't make any keyword or ad copy changes in the old campaigns, that could trigger the same thing to happen.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, thanks, I've read the whole section.  

The reason on our account is "restricted medical content" ... and Google recommends they they apply for "healthcare related advertising" . but there is NO category for addiction/recovery services.  

Meanwhile hundreds or thousands of clinics nationwide are advertising for these services using Adwords.

This feels arbitrary and automated, excluding us from advertising services to help those addicted to these harmful substances.

I think Google has this very wrong.  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Well... Then this requires a full content review of the site, for Policy compliance to pinpoint the section(s) on the site in violation.

As volunteers  here, this is beyond our scope.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Are you using any kind of remarketing for the new campaigns/hospitals? What kind of differences are there between the websites and ad content? Different domains/sub-domains?

Tom