AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Cashback site: bidding on Brand Names?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I'm currently seeting up a campaign for a Cashback site that has millions of products in it's comparison engine. For example: say I want to drive traffic to the site, expecifically to the Apparel section.

I'll bid on:

• Adidas apparel
  • Nike apparel
  • Reebook apparel
  • and so on.

The ad would be something like this:

Get up to X% Cashback

In your favorite apparel

Start saving now!

www.example.com

*I edited the last line from "when you shop with us" to "Start saving now!" because we don't actually sell anything.

Is this allowed under current policies?

Thanks,

F.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cashback site: bidding on Brand Names?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Is that a kind of a coupon  only site?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

Is varied:

It has Shopping Malls where you can search for products, compare products and get cashback (you make the actual purchase in the retailer site. Think Ebates.com). It also has its own stores where they sell software, e-books, etc, directly (you still get cashback). Additionally it has online music, free email, cloud storage, etc (as value added services)

Thanks!

*EDIT: I'm guessing we qualify for the Reseller category, maybe?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Can you share website URL?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can't publicly. Can I send you and email trough your G+ profile?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Email sent! Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This site offers - in my view - no added value, and its main  goal is to serve as a "door opener" to other sites. This is a violation of the Policy;

By the way; WOT gives it a poor quality / dangerous site warning (Red flag)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you say is a violation of policy are you refering to bidding on brand terms or advertising the site in AdWords in general?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Neither WOT nor NORTON let me access the site (I get to see the first page and then a big warning pops up and, I am "kicked  out") So I cant check further.