AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Capitalization - Bad Algorithm?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Was suspended for capitalization. Read the T&C, I see no violation. Any ideas? I'm blistering angry at Google. Moving the ad to Bing.

Is your voice channel OK?

voxperitus.com
1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
No charge check up from an
impressive team of voice experts.
3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Capitalization - Bad Algorithm?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi VoxPeritus,

If you scroll halfway down this page and expand the Capitalization section you'll get more information on the situation. Have you been informed whether the suspension can be lifted? If so, it's simply a case of editing your ads so that they are free of this policy violation.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, and had three others check it. Note that there is no violation.
We all call BS on Google.
We'll likely have to wait a week for a human to look at it.

Note that the first letter of each sentence is capitalized, and only the generally accepted work OK is capitalized. We didn't include our trademarked company name VoxPeritus in the ad copy.

As an aside, had a human at Bing read the copy and they accepted it.  No problem there.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If you could post a copy of the ad in question (without the display and destination URL) then I'd be happy to have a quick look for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is posted, in my original post. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Did you include your phone number within the ad text? If so, that's not allowed; instead you can include your number as a call extension which still allows customers to connect with you via a call.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I included it as an extension, all automated via AdWords Express. Was not
in the ad body.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Could you provide a copy of the suspension email while removing any sensitive data such as your customer ID number and email address for example please? It could give us a hint as to what is going on here.

@MosheTLV is an expert when it comes to policies so it will be good to get him in here when he has a chance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Your ad isn't running right now because it's disapproved for violating Google's advertising policies. But don't worry -- if you edit the ad to fix the policy violations below, we'll take a look and see if it can start running again.

=====================
Policy violations
=====================
Capitalization: To help provide a quality user experience, promotions need to be clear, easy to read, and professional in appearance. For this reason, we don't allow excessive or gimmicky capitalization in your ad text and display URL. To run your ad, please edit it to remove such capitalization.

See the policy to learn how to fix your ad: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en&expand=047#fix

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Did you attempt to re-submit the ad after editing 'OK' in the headline. That is what likely triggered the disapproval, IMO.

Maybe try, 'Is Your Voice Channel Ok?' or 'Voice Channel Troubles?' - something similar.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’