AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Cannabis growing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will Adwords allow me to advertise my business which provides equipment so that customers can grow their own cannabis, by selling horticultural products for growing.  These are multi-use products that could also be used to grow other plants, but the website does indicate that they are good to use for growing cannabis.  We do not sell cannabis in any fashion, only tools to grow it, which are legal in all 50 states.  Will my ads be rejected?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Cannabis growing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Grow,

I don't think many could foretell the outcome of your trying to run an ad for that website. The result may be dependent on individual consideration and judgement involving a good number of factors that in turn may depend on where you put the emphasis in the ad copy and on the website. Cannabis itself is a Schedule I controlled substance in the US as shown by www.legalscript.com for which reason mentioning it could entail flagging and manual review.

I, for one, would not like to encourage you.

Best,
Lakatos

Re: Cannabis growing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

We had this issue in the past with vaporizers. And here is Google's reply:

.""To clarify Google's stance on the promotion of vaporizers; Our Dangerous products & Services policy states that we want to help keep people safe both online and offline, so we don't allow the promotion of some products or services that cause damage, harm, or injury. We would like to make it clear that we do consider the use case for these products when reviewing ads. If vaporizers are marketed as facilitating recreational drug use or as products designed to simulate tobacco smoking the ads will not run.

Based on this case if the site promotes the "consummation": of cannabis - it most likely be suspended.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Products-that-facilitate-drug-use-now-O...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’