AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you use spaces in the URL path fields (not the actual URL) of expanded text ads?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When creating the text to go into the path field for expanded ads, it mentions it doesn't have to exactly match the final URL. However, can you use spaces in this area when you have more than one word that fits into the 15 character limit? For example, if you are targeting people in a city like Grand Prairie, can you put "Grand Prairie" in the path field or does it need to be something like "Grand_Prairie" or "GrandPrairie"? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miriam B
November 2016

Can you use spaces in the URL path fields (not the actual URL) of expanded text ads?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I think you can use spaces in the path field; when I tried it Adwords didn't give me any errors. However, I recommend using dashes "Grand-Prairie" to separate words so that the display URL doesn't look deceptive, since normal URLs don't have spaces.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miriam B
November 2016

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I think you can use spaces in the path field; when I tried it Adwords didn't give me any errors. However, I recommend using dashes "Grand-Prairie" to separate words so that the display URL doesn't look deceptive, since normal URLs don't have spaces.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have used underscores (_) too and have not had any issues