AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you run an Adwords Ad to your Kickstarter/ indiegogo campaign page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will like to find out if you can run and Adwords Ad to your fund rasing campaign on Kick Starter or Indiegogo?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can you run an Adwords Ad to your Kickstarter/ indiegogo campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Straight from the  Policy: "Google AdWords doesn't allow the solicitation of funds (donations) unless they're tax-exempt".

I would recommend to read  the relevant section of the Policy about solicitation of funds:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. It is for a non profit organization that is tax exempt. However, the questions is not pertaining to raising funds on the non profit's website but regarding raising on a crowd funding platform like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.  So one will create a campaign on Adwords pointing to the campaign page on Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

It is an issue of the nature of the landing page (web site ) promoted. If the nature / content of the site is to raise funds for  a "for profit" project, or a project that has a future opportunity for earnings  (as I understand "Kickstarter" does) - you cannot promote this website;

I am not familiar with "Kickstarter", but quickly reading the "about", -  my understanding  is, that the projects listed are "for profit".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Perhaps a more pertinent issue is that the company themselves (Kickstarter, for example) take a % of the money raised and that's definitely profit regardless of where your actual money is spent.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google allows the use of Adwords in for-profit situations. Most of their clients use it that way. So even if you are clearly saying that you are pre-selling a product, and that the buyer will receive the product at a later date, this is not allowed? How is this different from selling insurance via adwords?