AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you run an Adwords Ad to your Kickstarter/ indiegogo campaign page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will like to find out if you can run and Adwords Ad to your fund rasing campaign on Kick Starter or Indiegogo?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can you run an Adwords Ad to your Kickstarter/ indiegogo campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

Straight from the  Policy: "Google AdWords doesn't allow the solicitation of funds (donations) unless they're tax-exempt".

I would recommend to read  the relevant section of the Policy about solicitation of funds:

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the response. It is for a non profit organization that is tax exempt. However, the questions is not pertaining to raising funds on the non profit's website but regarding raising on a crowd funding platform like Kickstarter or Indiegogo.  So one will create a campaign on Adwords pointing to the campaign page on Kickstarter or Indiegogo.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

It is an issue of the nature of the landing page (web site ) promoted. If the nature / content of the site is to raise funds for  a "for profit" project, or a project that has a future opportunity for earnings  (as I understand "Kickstarter" does) - you cannot promote this website;

I am not familiar with "Kickstarter", but quickly reading the "about", -  my understanding  is, that the projects listed are "for profit".

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Perhaps a more pertinent issue is that the company themselves (Kickstarter, for example) take a % of the money raised and that's definitely profit regardless of where your actual money is spent.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google allows the use of Adwords in for-profit situations. Most of their clients use it that way. So even if you are clearly saying that you are pre-selling a product, and that the buyer will receive the product at a later date, this is not allowed? How is this different from selling insurance via adwords?