AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you have two ads in one ad group that points to the same page?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Or would this be a violation?  I am basically trying to see if different phrasing will generate more interest in the ad.  I basically sell an offline service such as computer repair.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can you have two ads in one ad group that points to the same page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi OBESEJESUS,

Welcome to the community.

You can have multiple ads within the same ad group directing to the same landing page (or others) and it is in fact encouraged as a best practice. Monitor the performance of your different ad variations over a period of time and eventually you will be able to see which is performing best. You can then choose to replace the lesser performing ad if you wish in an attempt to create an ad which will perform better than your best ad.

I would also suggest checking out the Dynamic Keyword Insertion tool.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author OBESEJESUS
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's good that you are asking the questions to prevent that from happening Smiley Wink

Identical ads within the same ad group leading to different landing pages on the same domain is also fine and can help you determine the performance between the landing pages rather than the ads themselves. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi OBESEJESUS,

Welcome to the community.

You can have multiple ads within the same ad group directing to the same landing page (or others) and it is in fact encouraged as a best practice. Monitor the performance of your different ad variations over a period of time and eventually you will be able to see which is performing best. You can then choose to replace the lesser performing ad if you wish in an attempt to create an ad which will perform better than your best ad.

I would also suggest checking out the Dynamic Keyword Insertion tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What about two of the same exact ads that point to two different landing pages on the same domain. One would have a list of service prices and the other without. I keep hearing doing these things will lead to me being banned. The rules are so hard to follow and understand that I would hate to be banned for trying to use this to advertise a legitimate offline business.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author OBESEJESUS
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's good that you are asking the questions to prevent that from happening Smiley Wink

Identical ads within the same ad group leading to different landing pages on the same domain is also fine and can help you determine the performance between the landing pages rather than the ads themselves. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hopefully last question, can I have two ad groups and one ad per ad group which basically have different keywords associated with it and also different keywords in the copy of the ad pointing to the same landing page?

So basically something like x computer repair where x is the keyword that will be different between the two ad groups but the rest of the ad is basically the same. Does this help with quality score? I only have a single keyword phrase associated with each ad group but they're still pointing to the same landing page with relevant text that also contain the two main keyword phrases.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

So the situation would be:

Ad Group 1

Keywords: tennis shoe, tennis shoes

Ad:

"Buy Tennis Shoes"

Best Quality Tennis Shoes

Order From us Today.

Ad Group 2

Keywords: football shoe, football shoes

Ad:

"Buy Football Shoes"

Best Quality Football Shoes

Order From us Today.

If the above is what you mean then this is fine to do. Again, it's good that you aware that it's important to create a theme across ad groups with regards to the keyword list, ad description and landing page content. This practice will assist your quality score but be careful not to get into a habit of making a couple of generic ads across all ad groups and simply changing a word each time, by using unique ads you have a better chance of identifying which perform best.