AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you have 2 AdGroups that link to 2 different Domains under the same campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work with a client that has both a North & South business location (in the same state) that have different website domains. Is it possible for me to run 1 campaign with 2 separate ad groups, 1 for North, linking to the North site & 1 for South, linking to the South site?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March

Can you have 2 AdGroups that link to 2 different Domains under the same campaign?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Melissa,

it is not allowed to have more than one display URL domain in a single ad group. So having two ad groups, each with different set of URLS with the same domain name will be just fine!

For a better control over budget, location etc. I would go for one campaign for each business location.

Tomáš

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Would this also work for remarketing campaigns?

Re: Can you have 2 AdGroups that link to 2 different Domains under the same campaign?

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Well it depends on type of remarketing. Static remarketing, I guess so. Not sure about dynamic remarketing.

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Sure, but two campaigns may be a better approach. Since you set your location targeting at the campaign level, there would be no guarantee that the "right" ad/adgroup would trigger an impression based on location if both adgroups are in the same campaign. One campaign for the North, one for the South, and make sure your location targeting doesn't overlap.

Tom