AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can you advertise weed/marijuana products now that it's legal in multiple states?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our site was banned from advertising (we sell bags for the marijuana industry www.containers4marijuna.com). Now that legalization has been approved in the following states (WA, CO, CA, OR, NV, NY, MA, DC), can I at the very least target my ads to those locations without issue, or does google still prohibit this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
November 2016

Can you advertise weed/marijuana products now that it's legal in multiple states?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shannon W,

The ban is applicable and in force at the moment. We cannot comment on a lift or a policy change to come in the near future. So that you know there is a good number of scenarios where even though something is not literally prosecuted or prohibited by law (e.g. some kinds of unrealistic claims), Google does not support the promotion of such websites.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Currently Google does not allow any recreational drugs, even in locations / countries in which it has been legalized.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I already posted on another string.. but I have a similar Q for "medical marijuana"... I have a small agency in Florida which recently passed Ammend 2, it is NOT "recreational", strictly "medical... same policy apply?