AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I used my regional language "Malayalam" in few of my display banners. Most of them got disapproved (Reason- Language not supported) and few got approved..

Some of them had a mixture of English and Malayalam and some had Malayalam content only.

I got few of my ads with Malayalam content in another account and its been running with out issues for a while now.

Can we really use regional languages in banner ads? Is there any limitation like Facebook's 20% text rule that let us use only one sentence in regional language and rest in Google supported languages?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The ad text and the landing page MUST be in one of AdWords supported language. There is no 20% limit as in FB. But, if your ad-copy and banners are not written and designed to be attractive, they probably will not be appealing to users (and eventually will not be clicked).
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6088505?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Content is attractive and well written, unfortunately in a regional language. But that wont be a problem since i am only targeting people who understand this language.. Hope this language comes into Google's accepted list soon.. (Its my mother tongue by the way)..