AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I used my regional language "Malayalam" in few of my display banners. Most of them got disapproved (Reason- Language not supported) and few got approved..

Some of them had a mixture of English and Malayalam and some had Malayalam content only.

I got few of my ads with Malayalam content in another account and its been running with out issues for a while now.

Can we really use regional languages in banner ads? Is there any limitation like Facebook's 20% text rule that let us use only one sentence in regional language and rest in Google supported languages?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
The ad text and the landing page MUST be in one of AdWords supported language. There is no 20% limit as in FB. But, if your ad-copy and banners are not written and designed to be attractive, they probably will not be appealing to users (and eventually will not be clicked).
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6088505?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Can we use regional languages in banner ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Content is attractive and well written, unfortunately in a regional language. But that wont be a problem since i am only targeting people who understand this language.. Hope this language comes into Google's accepted list soon.. (Its my mother tongue by the way)..