AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we use Google AdWords for Content Distribution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A while ago I set up a campaign purely for the distribution of content. 

I was targeting a keyword that was in the form of a question. And all I wanted to do was to get visitors to the website so they can read the content which was answering their question. But the ad got disapproved because "there was no clear business model".

My question to the AdWords departments is this. What form of advertising can we use to distribute content? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we use Google AdWords for Content Distribution?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mark,

I am not sure if this is acceptable as per the advertising policies. I would also recommend organic SEO as appose to PPC for something that does not have a rate of interest involved.

Here is a link to Googles Policies: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942?hl=en-GB

Hope this helps

- Stephen

Re: Can we use Google AdWords for Content Distribution?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mark,

Could you perhaps post your website URL? There are so many sorts of violations and we would like to avoid guesswork. E.g. making false statements about your identity or qualifications as well as some unsupported claims in the content may also lead to refusal.

Best,
Lakatos