AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we run ads on Books whose titles contains...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We would like to run ads on Google search network for all book titles.

Some books titles contains keywords which are prohibited as per Google. For example:

1. Hollywood Shot by Shot: Alcoholism in American Cinema (Communication & Social Order)
  2. Drink: The Deadly Relationship Between Women and Alcohol
  3. Kicking the Black Mamba: Life, Alcohol and Death
  4. As Long as it's Pink: Sexual Politics of Taste

Will this be OK to upload? OR

Do we need to remove these books before we upload via AdWords editor?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can we run ads on Books whose titles contains...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Rohan,

Sometimes the polices vary from country to country. So I am not sure which country you are trying to advertise this.

Also, is it possible for you to share the landing page which the Community which you are trying to promote?

I would also suggest you to read this policy for more insights which is related to Offensive or Inappropriate Content:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6015406?hl=en

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Besides what Pankaj said, I don't think it should be a problem as long as you are not promoting Alcoholism.

I have seen ads for books that contain Alcohol as the word in its title but guides one to abstain from it. For instance -

Counselling the Person Beyond the Alcohol Problem

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
What if I upload book names as a keyword in bulk (about 3000 books names) and all contains words which are prohibited?

If my keyword or Ads goes into disapproval, what is the ideal time to take action.

Correct me if I am wrong. I am assuming that if we dont remove disapproved ads or keywords immediately. We might get our account suspended?