AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we run 2 different google adwords accounts for same website?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to hire two different companies for my website regarding Adwords campaigns. Please help me. I want to run search network only campaigns for my website. If two companies use same targeted pages so is there any harm or Google ads violation? Please guide me. Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can we run 2 different google adwords accounts for same website?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes. If you have two separate accounts running to the same domain, that is "double serving" and is a violation. Under the new policy center, I think they are referring to it as "unfair advantage."

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?rd=1

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes. If you have two separate accounts running to the same domain, that is "double serving" and is a violation. Under the new policy center, I think they are referring to it as "unfair advantage."

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?rd=1

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Shanee K,

But we have a few Affiliates who run adwords for our coupons and they are running that for many months!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Here's another link on the topic - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/146527?hl=en

There are specific rules for affiliates, but Google does not want them all promoting the same parent company. My guess is that they might start having quality score and CPC issues first. Possibly impression share issues as well. Then, if the algorithm catches it or they are reported, the account could become suspended.

I'm sure this is MUCH more difficult to spot on the display network vs search which is why it's been getting through the system.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish with two companies running ppc to your site, but if you are trying to see who is better, there are a few other ways to do this.
1. You can run Adwords Campaign Experiments https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375383?hl=en
2. you can take your worst performing ad group or campaign and have the new vendor try to improve that campaign. This is what big agencies do.

IF your goal is to own multiple listings on the same search results page, that won't happen. The same way Google runs an auction for ad rank for each query, they will run a separate auction for all your competing campaigns, so the only result of double ad serving the same site would be you end up paying more money...its a lose lose.

I hope that helps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks David,

But my question is still there, Can 2 different adwords accounts work for same website regarding search/display network campaign. Yes, we can not run shopping feed once we have used it with one adwords account. Can anybody reply in yes or no?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi Nouman,

Can two different AdWords Accounts advertise the same website? Yes, this is possible. But to echo what David and Shanee have said, you need to ensure that you are not attempting to gain an unfair advantage in the ad auction. What do I mean by this?  Promoting the same or similar content from multiple accounts on the same or similar queries. 

So - if you have one account advertising your search network campaigns, and another account advertising your display network campaigns, this should be fine as long as they do not overlap. 

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Kathleen,

We also have a similar problem and I would like to ask your advice.

For sure, we don't want to get in trouble with Google.

Basically, we would like to have 4 accounts in MCC, for the same website.

For sure we will use different ads with different keywords in every account. We won't use duplicate ads or keywords because it's not fair.

We are trying to manage the campaigns separately: for german speaking countries, for US, for all english speaking countries except US and ads

for the brand. For the brand we will use only one keyword, the brand name, only in one ad.

I was told that is possible as long as each account targets different countries.

For the first 3 accounts, there's no problem, because they will target different countries, like Germany, US and the rest of the world.

But the branding account will target all countries, only with one ad, containing one keyword. This keyword won't be in the other 3 accounts.

Are we allowed to do this?

I hope you can help.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Alin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Peter k

I confused this a question or answers to the question
this is a well defined question or answers , l like as you explain

thanks

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

Thank you.