AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can we advertise trademark name in domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can we advertise those website whose domain contain trademarke name like facebook , fb

Can we advertise website facebookapps.in or fbapps.in

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Tarun, 

AdWords does monitor and may restrict ads that violate it's trademark policies. Unless the two examples you gave are themselves trademarked you may find your ads stopped. 

BUT that being said AdWord's policy only applies to the text and images in it's ad network. Meaning it does not enforce trademark policies for the websites themselves. So, theoretically in the examples you gave as long as you don't mention the trademark violating terms in the ads AdWords won't stop you from sending traffic to said websites. 

Hope this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
October 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Tarun, 

AdWords does monitor and may restrict ads that violate it's trademark policies. Unless the two examples you gave are themselves trademarked you may find your ads stopped. 

BUT that being said AdWord's policy only applies to the text and images in it's ad network. Meaning it does not enforce trademark policies for the websites themselves. So, theoretically in the examples you gave as long as you don't mention the trademark violating terms in the ads AdWords won't stop you from sending traffic to said websites. 

Hope this helps! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Can we advertise trademark name in domain

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So we can use this type of domain ?

facebookapps.in or fbapps.in

facebook and fb both are trademark words as per my information,

so kindly suggest, i dont want adword to stop us in between it will affect
our website , if adword allow us first and they block us in between

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Your followup question isn't related to AdWords.  You'll have to check the FB policy about using FB's  trademark within a domain name.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am going to use that domain name in Adword,i only want to know wheather adword will block us from advertising such domain or not.