AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can't get ad approved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to advertising with adwords and I am trying to advertise my site http://getyouridealbodyweight.sitemoxie.com and can't seem to get the ad approved.  All I saw was the display URL was against policy and have tried to fix to conform using what I thought was correct in advertising.  I need help on how would I display this.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't get ad approved /weight loss

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello primohbc2008; welcome;

I have just answered a similar question about a weight loss website that was suspended;

Check this discussion on advertising weight loss/ diet claims

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This doesn't make sense I have made sure to be as realistic as possible.  My site gives tips on how to lose weight nothing out of the ordinary.  You can check it out yourself.  I am not sure as to what to do.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ita (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

primohbc2008;

Here are two violations I have found, quite quickly:

Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of the following pharmaceuticals and supplements, irrespective of any claims of legality:

• Herbal and dietary supplements with active pharmaceutical or dangerous ingredients
  • Products that imply or claim that they're as effective as prescription weight-loss drugs

"Quote: "lost pound of pounds within just a few week "- as the video argues - Is this a realistic claim, supported by evidence.?

Source:

http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176031

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 5
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Primohbc2008, 

MosheTLV gave you some great feedback. I'd add to be careful of the claims and promises that your website is making. Make sure everything said on your site is realistic, credible, and reasonable for most people reading it. 

This is part of our user safety policy and you can find more information here.

Ita

Can't get ad approved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I've attempted to gain Google Adword approval several times now and each request comes back saying that my site "was not up and running, or can't be found".  I've copied and pasted my URL link and checked it.  It does indeed connect you to my website.  Any suggestions on how to solve this issue?  http://www.klevermoments.com/

Thank you

Can't get ad approved

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.