AdWords
1.3K members online now
1.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Use Promo code cause account has been created too long ago.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got a promo code from google saying they will give extra 100 bucks after i spend 25 dollars on ad but its been 3 weeks since i created the account and now it does not let me use this promo code cause your account has to be 14 days old. Is there anyway for me to be able to use this promo code. Because if google doesntl let me use this code im probably never going to use adwords. Since it is so expensive!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can't Use Promo code cause account has been created too long ago.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello and welcome to adwords community,

Pleaes check the below mentioned link for better idea on coupon updation.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1396257?hl=en

Adwords allows you to redeem single coupoon for single business, so we can't expect to advertise always based on coupons. If you are saying that adwords is expensive now, even if you get $ 100, after spending this amount you can't redeem any other coupon in the same account. But cost will be same, than ultimately you will close the account. Thus you should optimize the campaing and make it more cost effective and ROI oriented. Please learn how to optimize the campaign for better result.

You can watch videos like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni28clUCjh0 and also read online blogs posted for optimization techniques.

Good luck

Foyzul

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

if adwords really works and helps a lot i will continue using it but the only thing motivating me was the promo code. In the website you linked it says i needed to release my ad in 14 days after account creation

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Excellent, 

May be you are experiment adwords with this promo code, but if you don't use adwords in optimize manner, may be it wont be fruitful for you, and you will leave adwords with an impression that adwords is not worthy (which is not the reality).

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i dont think you understand what i am saying. I am saying my code does not work cause i created my adwords account like 20 days ago. The promo code says that the adwords account had to be opened 14 days ago. i havent used the accountin any way so i was wondering if there was anyway of getting the code to work? Because i dont think i will be trying it out without a discount or something.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone help me i really want to figure this out. Thanks!

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

The link provided above outlines the voucher policy and I would encourage you to read the information.

If your account has been open longer than the voucher policy allows, then you can't use a voucher. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
i have read it. it says the account needs to be 14 days old or less for it to work but my account is around 20 days old and i was asking if there was any way of getting the promo code to work.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

No, there really isn't. The vouchers are meant for brand-new accounts. The 14-day period is when they have to be used.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Contact the below mentioned details and discuss with them. I hope they will help you.

Talk with the Google ads team from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday at 1-866-2GOOGLE (1-866-246-6453).