AdWords
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Find Out Why My Ad is Disapproved

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So my ad keeps getting denied, but I'm not being told why. I am using ad words express and it is not saying why my ad is disapproved. We sell firearms parts, not even working parts, for hobbyists. There are a number of businesses that have ads on Google selling the exact same stuff out there.

We don't set up campaigns through the full adwords interface, so that is not saying why it is denied. Every time I inquire they say to find/fix the issue and resubmit, but I can't find the issue!

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Eric,

Sorry to hear you are having difficulty with AdWords Policy disapprovals.  I would suggest you make your way to the "Ads" tab of the specific disapproved campaign.  Next, hover your mouse over the disapproved ad "Status" bubble and see what it says.  Many times they will have the reason listed there. 

Sometimes, the reason isn't listed under "Status" bubble in "Ads" tab.  An alternative is to add a new column in the "Ads" tab called "Policy Details."  This is another way to get the reason.

If neither one shows any information as to why, then reach out to reactive support.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Eric G;

>>" We sell firearms parts, not even working parts, for hobbyists"

Regardless of the goal / usage - firearms are not allowed to be promoted.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Eric,

For sensitive products like firearms, the processes are automated. Even if you were to be manually approved, most probably the bots would repeatedly be disapproving your ads. 

What you might be able to do is compare your site and ads with your competition and look for any trigger keywords that are unique to your site (I don't mean gun triggers, I mean words the bots would be looking for).

So, perhaps your site mentions bullets even though it doesn't sell them. 

Of course just because the ads of others are running, that doesn't mean they always will be. Google doesn't seem to disapprove ads/sites immediately in every case. The bots seem to operate on a reduced capacity.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dathen, 

Where is the status bubble found? I can't find it either in my initial ads dashboard (where it shows both active ads) or when I click on a specific ad. 

I'm not sure if it's different because I'm using express and not regular adwords?

Re: Can't Find Out Why My Ad is Disapproved

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

See attached image IMG_4630.PNG