AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can't Figure out this Error! Disapproved!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive googled and read tons of threads about this problem "Disapproved [Destination URL] Invalid HTTP Response Code"    ....but dont understand any of it. Why is it doing this and how to fix it? I have other approved ads using the same URL that are approved and working, but then some get that invalid messages and are denied.

I head something about auto tags, is that it? No idea how to use that, but I saw that it is ENABLED in my account. If I disabled it, would it cause problems? Dont I need it?   

What else cuold be causing this issue?   The url is fine when I copy and paste it, its just the homepage of the site Im promoting. (doctors website)

Re: Can't Figure out this Error! Disapproved!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Zac R,

I would suggest you to read these articles in order to sort out your issue.

1] Destination URL
2] HTTP Status Code

Hope this Helps!

Azeem Shaikh
SEM Freelancer & Consultant.
Adwords & Bing Ads Certified Individual.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have, thats the first thing I read. Went through both of those pages, didnt seem to show me my issue

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Have you checked your website on different browsers ? This is what i do when i get any ads disapproved for HTTP response code just to confirm the site is working properly or not.

If the above case is still working fine then i would recommend you to contact Adwords Support team. They will guide you the best.
Azeem Shaikh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ya tried that. But do you think it has something to do with auto tags? not even sure what that means or if it matters...

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

No, i don't think auto tags will affect in some sort of HTTP response code error resulting in disapproved ads. what auto tag does is, it help your Adwords data to show in Analytics interface. So, that you can better understand your campaign performance in terms of Bounce rate, avg time, etc with respect to users. Basically, It helps you reduce your manual work of tagging each destination URL that you are using with your campaigns.

Azeem Shaikh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is what I read from another thread that made me think that:
AdWiser Top Contributor Reply to NeetiGhildiyal |‎10-07-2012 01:26 AM
Hello.

In case you have auto-tagging turned on, your URLs, when your ads get clicked, get transformed into something like somepage.html?gclid=1234, or somepage.html?parameter=value&gclid=1234.

If your website does not support them, it will return a 404. When checking your destination URLs, you did not include gclid and therefore the URLs (if this is the case) worked just fine.

Take one of the destination URLs and see if it still works after appending ?gclid=1234 or ?gclid=test to it. If it doesn't, either disable auto-tagging or make sure the website can deal with the gclid parameter.
Calin"

So idk....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, this can be the case (only if all ads are getting disapproved ) BUT not in your case i feel because as you said that not all ads are getting disapproved some of them are still approved with the same Destination URL. So, its really hard make any judgements here OR maybe you should try resubmitting the ads once again after you deal with representative of Adwords support addressing your issue.

Let us know what you hear from them!
Azeem Shaikh