AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can someone tell me how my AD is TRICK TO CLICK?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My ads keep getting disallowed for I guess is the call to button but according to help desk, call to button's are allowed if it says something like "Learn More" or something to that effect.

I'm not quite understanding this policy as I've seen other ads on the Adsense and Adword networks have call to buttons similar to mine.

My ad here for you to check out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1tR2u82zuZiODktMTBNelRPYW8/view?usp=sharing

Let me know what suggestions I should make before resubmitting.  I'm really not wanting to remove the button and don't think that it should be a problem.

Then keep in mind, the destination site is not a site where I'm even selling anything or asking for financial info or data.

It's apart of a blogger outreach campaign I'm running.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can someone tell me how my AD is TRICK TO CLICK?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Brennen,

As per the 'Trick to click' Adwords image ad policy

Ads should be clearly distinguishable as ads and as separate from the page's content.

1. A background must have the distinct look and feel of an ad.
2. Ad product or offer must be clearly identified/promoted in connection with your brand, logo, or name.
3. On all ads with partially black, white, or transparent backgrounds, you must add a visible border of a contrasting color to the majority background color of the creative.

In your ad, the logo don't have a distinct look and your ad don't have a ' visible border of a contrasting color'

Correcting these may help you get the ad approved.

Find the detailed policy below.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Hope this helps,

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!

I hope it's something as simple as adding a border which I just did and resubmitted. I'll see what happens.

I'm confused as to what Google means by "distinct look" but we'll see.

Thanks and I will update the board on my progress.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That did the trick! lol...I just added a clear border to define the ad and it worked. Didn't think it'd be that simple. Never even thought of that until your post. I kept changing the wording on the button.

I appreciate your help.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Happy to know that the ads are approved! All the best Brennen...