AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can not report violating ad probably due to an error in the ad report form when the url is too long

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was trying to report a scamming ad with the below form:
https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1#ts=6006595

The problem is that it states that the url is in wrong format, but I have just copied it according to the help (right click, Copy Link).
Is it possible that the scammers found a flaw in the report form and taking advantage of it? I have reported multiple similar scamming ads in the past, but now I can't do it anymore due to the form error.
The exact error message is: "Please try reformatting."
That is visible just below the input with the "Please copy and paste the ad's link location of the first ad *" label.

I have selected the "Misleading Advertiser Claims" and "Text/Image Ad" options.

That was the url (goes to a fake product page with fake testimonials and comments):
http://hu.search.etargetnet.com/generic/broad/go.php?action=ppc&cid=3&hh=gXf6NHdsFmf6NXYGjOjWMJRyUSN...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Can not report violating ad probably due to an error in the ad report form when the url is too long

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Istvan, try reporting the url without the UTM parameters.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

No. The error message is wrong, I had the same and played a bit with the URL or the your email (caps?), or you picked the wrong ad format  to report about.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was an ad shown in the bottom of a Youtube video. And I have tried to report the url without any parameters, and tried to just shorten it, but nothing worked.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hmm.... I don't think you can report using  the tool an  in display  YT ad

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Aren't these Adwords ads? I think it should work with these ads too. FYI it was an embedded video, so I could only click on the "x" to close it, and I didn't see any option to report it after I have closed it.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thos are Adwords ads. Try to select "video / flash ads. If this doesn't work as the "general inquiries " complaint form.

https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/aw_complaint

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, will try it the next time!