AdWords
6.7K members online now
6.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can i use affiliate links on adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hi,

I had one account that was shutdown. Dont have a clue why.

So i open a new one.

How can i know which links i can load on adwords?

for example:

http://go.adsimilis.com/aff_c?offer_id=1194&aff_id=2774&source=tp

this links will be ok with google?

thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can i use affiliate links on adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello yahavhadad,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

First thing for an affiliate is to get an understanding of what is Google's URL policy because if this is not clear, then there are troubles in future.

Additionally, there are other aspects too involved in this process. I would straight away refer you to read this article for more details.

Hope that helps! 

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks,

what is "data entry affiliate programs"?

i'm not sure i got this one

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Yahavhadad,

Google Says:

Google policy does not permit advertisements for data entry affiliate programs. This includes ads which direct users to sites that promote the creation or data entry of other ads directing users to the same site. There are no exceptions to this policy, which is intended to protect both advertisers and AdWords users.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks...so basiclly just to be sure.

http://go.adsimilis.com/aff_c?offer_id=1194&aff_id=2774&source=tp

this site is data entry?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Affiliate advertising is an ongoing controversial topic since long. WIthout commenting much, I would encourage you to fill this form and Google will get back to you with details.

You might also be interested in reading this interesting thread.

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author yahavhadad
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

The website you provided required me to provide personal information prior to unlocking the game for freeSmiley Embarassed

According to Google AdWords Help Center:

Google AdWords doesn't allow websites whose primary purpose is to collect personal information. This includes but is not limited to websites offering free gifts or other incentives in exchange for personal information. We refer to this practice as "information harvesting."

Examples

Website Allowed?

• Details Collecting personally identifiable information  Allowed with limitations - Google allows sites that collect personally identifiable information from users as long as this is not the primary purpose of the site.
  • Collecting sensitive personal information  Allowed with limitations -Google allows sites that collect sensitive personal information (such as bank details and credit card numbers) as long as all pages collecting the sensitive information use a secure processing server (https://). Collecting personally identifiable information in exchange for a free gift  
  • Not allowed -Google doesn't allow the promotion of sites that collect personally identifiable information in exchange for a free gift (such as free eBooks, free videos, etc.) where collecting this information is the primary purpose of the site. Offering incentives to collect personally identifiable information  
  • Not allowed Google doesn't allow the promotion of sites that offer incentives in order to collect users' personal information (such as free quiz/survey results, horoscopes, etc.) where collecting this information is the primary purpose of the site.

You can read the complete info from the link below:

Information Harvesting

More Power,
Loraine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Loraine,

i'm so confused cause i was working with google adwords specilist which have told me that there is no problem with this site.

and i used it for 2 months without any problem until one day they shut me down and shuttered
my heart.

Are you about your info?

cause i think that it is something else...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what is the link you posted

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You can't take affiliate links and advertise them! You can advertise your website which sells these things and/or the landing page on your website for each thing. Affiliate-selling is to earn revenue, in supporting something worthwhile you are doing, like writing a blog you think is valuable.