AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can i send Adwords traffic to a T-shirt platform?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello people!

I don't know if some of you have seen this already, but there are some T-shirt platforms(eg Teespring), where you can post a T-shirt design, send some traffic and if it reaches its goal, the Tshirts are getting printed and sent to the buyers all over the world.

Can i use Google Adwords to send traffic to this platform, to my specific T-shirt?

eg If i have a T-shirt up, it's URL will be www.teespring.com/tee123

If i use a cloacking tool and send traffic to my own domain that redirects to the teespting URL, will i have a problem?

eg www.myowndomain.com/tee123 redirects to www.teespring.com/tee123

The display URL of my Adwords campaign will be www.myowndomain.com and the destination URL will be www.myowndomain.com/tee123 that will immediately redirects to www.teespring.com/tee123.

What do you think? Don't want to jeopardise my Adwords account Smiley Happy

Thanks for your help in advance.

Dimitris

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dimitris S
September 2015

Re: Can i send Adwords traffic to a T-shirt platform?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dimitris S;

I did not quite understand why you need a cloacking tool (which by itself is a technique which violates the Policy)  but, regardless,  the Policy requires that the display URL and the landing page (after all redirects) will be the same domain. So, you cannot have a display URL: www.myowndomain.com and a landing page  www.teespring.com/tee123.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Can i send Adwords traffic to a T-shirt platform?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much for your quick reply MosheTLV!
I guess that makes totally sense.

So, the solution is to make a landing page in www.myowndomain.com/tee123 with the T-shirt i want to promote and then i could send the traffic to the actual campaign on Teespring.

That should work ok i guess.

Thanks again!