AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can i advertise medical marijuana clinic on adwords USA

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know can i advertise medical marijuana clinic on adwords in California , USA . I just noticed most of the medical marijuana clinics are advertising their services on google adwords.

I ll appreciate if someone guides me regarding this.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maida L
September 2015

Re: Can i advertise medical marijuana clinic on adwords USA

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Maida L@Maida L

Support was correct. Medicinal  marijuana  (this is the scientific terminology) is not allowed in any form. In the past, clinics offering medinicanl marijuana therapy were allowed to be promoted on AdWords. Not anymore.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
This is a violation of the Policy (by gaming the system)
Case was escalated to Google, for a deeper investigation.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Maida,

Welcome to adwords community, Only by medical clinics which treat patients by medicinal marijuana can be promoted on Adwords. you can see here https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Ad-Approval-Policy/Will-adwords-do-me-any-good-Is-marijuana-...

For more please read the rules https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en&ref_topic=1310883

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am confused now as i just called google support and they said i cant promote marijuana or medical marijuana in any form .

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
According to rules you cant promote medical marijuana clinic on adwords in usa

here the list https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2423645 which can't promote on adwords

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I just checked adwords policies and this page shows marijuana as dangerous product
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Maida L@Maida L

Support was correct. Medicinal  marijuana  (this is the scientific terminology) is not allowed in any form. In the past, clinics offering medinicanl marijuana therapy were allowed to be promoted on AdWords. Not anymore.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But i still see most of the clinics are running ads
for eg this
Lowest priced 420 cards - bakers420.com‎
Adwww.bakers420.com/‎
Temp discount for Bakersfield area, $49 new, $39 renewal
1808 N Chester Ave, Bakersfield, CA‎
- +1 661-565-1738‎

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Maida L;

Please upload a screenshot showing the ad in  violation, and the landing page of the advertiser.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MosheTLVI just checked the landing page of the ad i mentioned above has no refrences of marijuana he is promoting it without marijuana word on landing page.Here is his landing url

http://bakers420.com/.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
This is a violation of the Policy (by gaming the system)
Case was escalated to Google, for a deeper investigation.