AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can an account be suspended when the target ads url is not working?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

In 2 years since we are running AdWords we had 10 situations where Ads were disapproved because the target URL was not working.

Out of those 10 issues:

- about 5 times the alarm was a false positive; I have found that if the target page contains a lot of content, this false positive alarm is likely to happen (the server is very very fast - dedicated & very well optimized so I am 99.9% sure that it's not the server)

- about 2 times it was a human error (the URL was not correct);

- about 3 times there were real issues with the server, hence AdWords's detection was correct;

Has Google suspended accounts for this issue? I am worried cause we are already at about 10 notifications of this sort.

Thank you,

Razvan M.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can an account be suspended when the target ads url is not working

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Razvan,

I would say that it really depends upon case to case.

In case the violations are repeated, AdWords might take a serious action and suspend the account. However, in most of the cases if it's the ad URL not working or some site other issues which are not major, AdWords might do the site suspension and advertiser is communicated to rectify the issue in order to run the ads again. It should be most likely the case if we talk about server issues and advertisers are advised to rectify them by contacting their server guys. That's my understanding.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

I certainly hope that this is the case.

Google is not transparent at all with these issues...

Thank you,
Razvan

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Razvan,

To add to Pankaj's excellent answer, as long as you're mindful of the AdWords Policies and are following them, your Account is unlikely to be suspended.  Destination URLs not working is quite common because of some of the reasons you listed. AdWords does its best to detect when URLs aren't working, and then alerts advertisers so they can fix.

I'd say 10 times in 2 years is not egregious, and I doubt you'll ever be suspended because a few times/year you have to fix your Destination URLs.  Now, when AdWords Policies are violated, that is a different story...