AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can a single domain have 2 separate adwords accounts? One account targeting Canada the other US?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to have a Canadian account and a US account leading to the same domain. Will this be allowed?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
December 2016

Can a single domain have 2 separate adwords accounts? One account targeting Canada the other US?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Sarah B,

You can target multiple geographic locations in different campaigns.

More than 1 AdWords account to advertise a single domain is a policy violation known as Gaining unfair advantage(double serving).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! This was really helpful. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Sarah. Before launching in a complex explanation, let me ask you one quick question: why do you need two AdWords accounts? Do you need two different account managers, working separately or do you need separate invoicing per region?

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @AdWiser, It would be yes to both questions. We have a business manager in the US who manages the US portfolio and is billed, but in Canada we use an agency and they get billed. We are designing the websites to be one site on the same domain but want to have the separate accounts - one for each country. If it is possible and there is a way to do this, I would love the feedback/direction. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi, Sarah.

In this case I'd say you can go ahead and use two accounts targeting the same website. One account for Canada, one for US, each with its own manager and its own geo-targeting.

Since it's the same site we're talking about, even if you'd use two accounts targeting the same region, the system would only show one ad per domain, so it wouldn't double serve. Two different websites for the same business, from two accounts, that's a different story, something called nowadays "gaining an unfair advantage".

Just in case, I'd contact support as well and let them know my intentions as your setup is not very common.

Hope it helps.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Calin. 

Thank you so much for your response. Do you happen to know the support contact information? I would love to generate a conversation with them as well. 

You have been really helpful! 

Re: Can a single domain have 2 separate adwords accounts? One account targeting Canada the other US?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I'm happy to hear that, Sarah. As for contacting them, I'd use any of the two accounts (or another one if you don't have access to them) and click on the top right. I'm on mobile now and can't provide you with a specific link.

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi @Sarah B,

Here is the link,

How to contact Google AdWords

Or simply for live chat and email support, sign in to your AdWords account > setting cog(at the top right) > help

For phone support, sign in to your AdWords account > setting cog(at the top right) > dial the toll free number.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,I am Umar by name.Please i do not know how to go about posting on this site.The best i could do is ask my question in this reply
Please i run a blog and i get low earnings due to very low impression so my question is;
Do Google Adwords increase the impressions of other Ads on my site?
Please  i need a quick reply
you can mail me the reply on badamasiumaradetayo@gmail.com
Thanks