4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can Two vendors manage one website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

Can we have two different accounts for the same website with separate landing pages? and distribute the budget in them to compare which company is performing better for us. 

2) there are 200 courses on the website and we can distribute 100 courses each to get leads based on different keywords.

3) Or can we give search campaign to one and display network to other ?

Please advise.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

You can give multiple people access to one Google AdWords account... and then track who does what via the history tab. 

Having two Google AdWords accounts for one website is a delicate matter since the same website/business cannot have two accounts show in the same search auction at the same time. If they do, the accounts will be suspended. You can have one account running ads in one country and another account running ad for a different country. You can even have two accounts in the same country if everyone understands polices and is sure to not place ads in the same search auction at the same time. Many people do so successfully for weeks or even months and then a "mistake" happens and they are hit with a serious violation and the accounts are suspended and they are no longer able to use AdWords (for life).

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can One AdWords account have two owners and both manage their campaign only? 

I mean one person manage campaign A and other manage Campaign B and both cant see each other account?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

No. Accounts have one owner and then can have many mangers that can see the entire account. Accounts are not designed to segregate campaigns from itself as campaigns are under the umbrella of the account. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How about one account run display ads on display network and other running search ads. 

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

and what if they are two separate websites. i mean one for engineering and one for medical. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

Policy wise, as long as two accounts promoting the same website/business do not end up in the same auction, it passes. But again, this requires precision management since a mistake brings a serious suspension that you will not recover from easily (if ever). 

Two separate websites could run in two separate campaigns (done often) but it would be easier, cleaner and more ideal (in my opinion) to use two separate accounts (one account for each website). Websites should have unique business names, contact info, etc.. or you would not want them to show in the same auction at the same time in order to be completely safe.

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

the rule, as explained, is simple, one business - one account, regardless the number of domains owned. You can run multiple campaigns targeting different domains from one account.

Having several accounts owned by the same business targeting the same audience, promoting the same or similar products  (using the same or different domains), is a violation.

The key is the users targeted: if you target the same users (e.g same geo region) promoting the same products, you must use one account (no matter if you use different domains)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’