AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the word Universal Analytics" in adwords campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read somewhere that there is some usage policy of Google products. I would like to know what's the exact policy and the scenarios when I can use it.

Re: Can I use the word Universal Analytics" in adwords campai

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I am not quite sure, I fully understand your question. You can import data from analytics into adwords conversion tracking, the following conditions must apply:

Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
On a per-type basis, your Analytics Goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.

Please, read more about Importing Analytics Goals & transactions into AdWords Conversion Tracking, here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Boni,

Do you mean if it is allowed to use the keyword "Universal analytics" in a Search Network campaign , perhaps because you offer services regarding AdWords and Google analytics ? Or maybe you wanted to use this keyword in the Ad text ?

If it is the keyword then read from here 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

"

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Yeah, that's exactly my situation. We are running a webinar and I want to promote the webinar through adwords campaign.

However, I am not sure if I can use the word "Universal Analytics" to promote the webinar.

Can I?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can use that expression as a keyword which is something that is not transparent to someone who sees the Ad and in the Display URL , as Google does not restrict usage of Trademarks in display URLs but not in rest of the the Ad Text.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, So basically I can use a UA keyword to target customer but not in the ad copy.

Well, without the usage of that phrase it will be difficult to promote the webinar.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is always good to have more opinions .

You can get an official opinion directly from google through the chat app found here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Just click the "Chat now" link and "Start a chat"