AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the word Universal Analytics" in adwords campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read somewhere that there is some usage policy of Google products. I would like to know what's the exact policy and the scenarios when I can use it.

Re: Can I use the word Universal Analytics" in adwords campai

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
I am not quite sure, I fully understand your question. You can import data from analytics into adwords conversion tracking, the following conditions must apply:

Your Analytics and AdWords accounts are linked.
You've opted into data sharing in your Analytics account.
You've enabled auto-tagging in your AdWords account.
On a per-type basis, your Analytics Goal or transaction has received active traffic from an AdWords ad at some point.

Please, read more about Importing Analytics Goals & transactions into AdWords Conversion Tracking, here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1034306?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Boni,

Do you mean if it is allowed to use the keyword "Universal analytics" in a Search Network campaign , perhaps because you offer services regarding AdWords and Google analytics ? Or maybe you wanted to use this keyword in the Ad text ?

If it is the keyword then read from here 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

"

Trademark terms used in keywords

Google will not investigate or restrict the use of trademark terms in keywords, even if a trademark complaint is received."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Yeah, that's exactly my situation. We are running a webinar and I want to promote the webinar through adwords campaign.

However, I am not sure if I can use the word "Universal Analytics" to promote the webinar.

Can I?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you can use that expression as a keyword which is something that is not transparent to someone who sees the Ad and in the Display URL , as Google does not restrict usage of Trademarks in display URLs but not in rest of the the Ad Text.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Okay, So basically I can use a UA keyword to target customer but not in the ad copy.

Well, without the usage of that phrase it will be difficult to promote the webinar.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

It is always good to have more opinions .

You can get an official opinion directly from google through the chat app found here :

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en&hlrm=en

Just click the "Chat now" link and "Start a chat"