AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use the word Amtrak in an ad if I use the ® after?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company handles the Amtrak Pere Marquette line that runs from Grand Rapids, MI to Chicago and all of our adwords from last year's campaigns have been disapproved due to the trademark policy. Can I use the word Amtrak if I put the ® afterwards or do I need to get direct permission from Amtrak to send to Google?

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Can I use the word Amtrak in an ad if I use the ® after?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob, 

Google recognizes the importance of trademarks. If a trademark owner files a complaint to Google about the use of their trademark, Google may enforce certain restrictions on the use of that trademark in AdWords ads and keywords. These restrictions will affect ads from campaigns that target the regions in which the trademark owner claims trademark rights.

If you haven't already, please review our trademark policy to learn when and how ads and keywords can be affected. 

Best,

Zee
G+

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jacob,

One the AdWords Trademark Policy page that Zee directed you to you will find a link for the 3rd Party Authorization Request.

Have your client (Amtrak) fill that out and you should be golden.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jacob, 

Google recognizes the importance of trademarks. If a trademark owner files a complaint to Google about the use of their trademark, Google may enforce certain restrictions on the use of that trademark in AdWords ads and keywords. These restrictions will affect ads from campaigns that target the regions in which the trademark owner claims trademark rights.

If you haven't already, please review our trademark policy to learn when and how ads and keywords can be affected. 

Best,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Jacob,

One the AdWords Trademark Policy page that Zee directed you to you will find a link for the 3rd Party Authorization Request.

Have your client (Amtrak) fill that out and you should be golden.