AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use jQuery in my HTML5 creatives?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I knew that adding jQuery inside the creative zip file is not recommended because it raizes file size issues, but what about referencing jQuery from Google's servers? Is that something that can be used safely?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matyas N
October 2015

Re: Can I use jQuery in my HTML5 creatives?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

You can use JQuery to reference external sources, but it is extremely limited. All code, and assets must be referenced using a relative path to the resources with the ZIP file itself.

However, there is an exception in referencing external JQuery parameters. And that being the only external references that Google will allow with HTML 5 creatives to for Google Fonts, and Google-hosted JQuery.

In short; you can reference external JQuery as long as Google is hosting it, and thus supported by them.

To learn more, please see the Image Ad Policy, and look at the section labeled as: "All other HTML 5 ads"

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en

Re: Can I use jQuery in my HTML5 creatives?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you!

If I can reference it from google's servers, what are the actual downsides to using it? I'd be happy if I could use basic jQuery functionality like getting DOM elements and such. And maybe simple animations.

Thanks!