AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash Ads on the Google Display Network?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have many of the same ads that use the different images, and instead of publising and uploading each version of the SWF, I was wondering can I upload the images that I want to use to my FTP server and then have the SWF look to a XML file to pull in the images and other text content?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash Ads on the Google Display Netw

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi DFarm,

This is a good question, let me see if I can get you a decent response here.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash Ads on the Google Display Netw

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager

Moved the other topic on this thread to a separate thread here.

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi DFarm,

Thanks for your question. 

This is not something that is available in AdWords at the moment. However it may be possible by using the AdWords API. You can find more information on the AdWords API here

Thanks 

Eoin

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Thanks for your clarification Eoin. 

Re: Can I use images from a my server via external XML file for Flash

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi EoinM,

Do you have more info on this? I am also looking int possiblities to connect an Adwords Flash banner to an external XML.

I succeed in connecting a Flash to an external GIF file, but a Flash connected to an external XML file cannot be uploaded in Google Adwords.

Many thanks in advance for your reply!

best, Jan