AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use hotel stars in my ad copy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I am preparing a campaign for the travel industry, and I'd like to ask if it would be acceptable to use the stars for hotels in my ad copy like:

Book hotels **** now.

How do you think?

Thanks 

Lily

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dtodorova
September 2015

Re: Can I use hotel stars in my ad copy?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Lily,

Did you check the policy page I referred above? It states about this specifically that:

We do allow the following exceptions though:

• Asterisks used in the following cases: "5* Hotel," "3* Restaurant," or used to indicate that "conditions apply."

Hope that makes more sense now!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 5
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Lily, 

To clarify we will allow 4* we won't allow **** . I actually that's a good thing for a few reasons. Firstly, 4* looks better than ****. Seconly, it takes up less space in your ad text. 

That said, if you have the space I recommend writing '4 star hotel'. This is becuase the adwords system doesn't read characters in search querys. It's easier to get a good quality score when the system understands you're being relevant in your keywords and ad text. Given that the system understands 4 star but not 4* I think it's going to be easier to get a good quality score on 4 star than 4*. 

I hope this helps. 

Ita

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lily,

As per the Adwords Policy, you can use asterik sign related to Hotel industry.

I would also advice you to use some more call to actions which deal with specific offers/packages for the Hotels, for which you are preparing ad copy. You can read more tips in this reference for further details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Thanks for the swift reply!

The question is whether this:

or this:

4* 

is the approved configuration. My concern is that all ads I saw with hotel star use the last one.

Lily

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dtodorova
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Lily,

Did you check the policy page I referred above? It states about this specifically that:

We do allow the following exceptions though:

• Asterisks used in the following cases: "5* Hotel," "3* Restaurant," or used to indicate that "conditions apply."

Hope that makes more sense now!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 5
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Lily, 

To clarify we will allow 4* we won't allow **** . I actually that's a good thing for a few reasons. Firstly, 4* looks better than ****. Seconly, it takes up less space in your ad text. 

That said, if you have the space I recommend writing '4 star hotel'. This is becuase the adwords system doesn't read characters in search querys. It's easier to get a good quality score when the system understands you're being relevant in your keywords and ad text. Given that the system understands 4 star but not 4* I think it's going to be easier to get a good quality score on 4 star than 4*. 

I hope this helps. 

Ita