AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I use hotel stars in my ad copy?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

I am preparing a campaign for the travel industry, and I'd like to ask if it would be acceptable to use the stars for hotels in my ad copy like:

Book hotels **** now.

How do you think?

Thanks 

Lily

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I use hotel stars in my ad copy?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Lily,

As per the Adwords Policy, you can use asterik sign related to Hotel industry.

I would also advice you to use some more call to actions which deal with specific offers/packages for the Hotels, for which you are preparing ad copy. You can read more tips in this reference for further details.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Thanks for the swift reply!

The question is whether this:

or this:

4* 

is the approved configuration. My concern is that all ads I saw with hotel star use the last one.

Lily

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dtodorova
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Lily,

Did you check the policy page I referred above? It states about this specifically that:

We do allow the following exceptions though:

• Asterisks used in the following cases: "5* Hotel," "3* Restaurant," or used to indicate that "conditions apply."

Hope that makes more sense now!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Ita Google Employee
Google Employee
# 5
Ita Google Employee
Google Employee

Hi Lily, 

To clarify we will allow 4* we won't allow **** . I actually that's a good thing for a few reasons. Firstly, 4* looks better than ****. Seconly, it takes up less space in your ad text. 

That said, if you have the space I recommend writing '4 star hotel'. This is becuase the adwords system doesn't read characters in search querys. It's easier to get a good quality score when the system understands you're being relevant in your keywords and ad text. Given that the system understands 4 star but not 4* I think it's going to be easier to get a good quality score on 4 star than 4*. 

I hope this helps. 

Ita