AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I run ads that link to a retailers website (not my own website)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My product is sold on a retailers website and I would like to run an ad campaign to support my specific products. I do not control or have access to the retailers website. Am I able to run ads to the specific landing pages for my products? If so, should I simply create a campaign of my own, or should I ask the retailer to create an Adwords account for me specific for this campaign.

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Priscilla S,

Yes, you can run your own campaigns without physical access to the website. Although, you would need them to add Google Analytics tracking code to the coding, if you are going to have success with this. 

If you have them set up a AdWords account for your products, have them add you as an admin so that you and them can both see the account, and make changes to the campaigns, too. 

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well... Though this practice is allowed, and technically feasible, this is one of the practices I would strongly would NOT recommend;

My recommendation: Do not promote a page you have no control over its content. If the page is found in violation your account could be suspended until the violation is fixed. And since you have no control over the page, you cannot fix the violation, and the result is a  suspension for good....

My rule: if you don't own the landing page (e.g., affiliates)  - does no promote it on Google.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’