AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I run Condom sites ads under adwords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All, 

Today I am little confuse, Can I run Condom site ads under adwords? I found Google allows Contraception and STDs, then Google allows those ads in display network and  search ads? 

ads.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I run Condom sites ads under adwords?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avijit,
It depends upon the location you are Targeting, Adwords has different policies on Interest and Location based.

Check out the below link for more details and enter the specific country in which you are planning to advertise.
I checked with China- Adwords policies in china won't allow promotion of sexual products like Condoms.

Similarly you check it with your country.
Check here- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/69787?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Actually I want to run thin campaign in India.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@John Paul Sing I have already found this link.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Birth control is allowed with some exceptions in some countries;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176031?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Have you check the the Country specific restrictions ? India is not there is the list. So, for all other countries which are not shown in the list has no additional restrictions.

Other countries
There are no additional restrictions for ads whose campaign targets a country not shown in the menu above.

You can advertise in India. I also checked in Google Search, there are many ads showing on search term "Condoms +Location" etc. You need to follow the policies that specific to promoting Contraception products on Adwords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV thank you for this link Smiley Happy 

Just one more thing is that I want to sell this product for retailers not for direct customers. I have seen that lot's of sites they sell his products online for direct customer. If I I follow all the guidelines then I don't think there is any issue? to sell my products. 

Thanks MosheTLV again Smiley Happy