AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I have the same callout in multiple ad groups?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was looking at the policy on callouts and am unclear about callout duplication: 

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6084196

It says "We don't allow duplication or repetition of callout text with other callouts, ad text, or sitelink text within the same ad group, campaign, or at the account-level."

So what if I want different callouts for each ad group, but one of them to be same for all ad groups? If I set one at the account level, won't it be overridden by the ad group-level callouts? Will it be disapproved if I add the same callout to all ad groups?

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Re: Can I have the same callout in multiple ad groups?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

You can use same callouts in multiple adgroups. In single adgroup you can't have duplication callouts or callout text same as your ad text and sitelink text. If you have callout both at Account level and Adgroup level - Adgroup level will be considered.

@MosheTLV: Missed your reply earlier, you mean same sitelink for multiple adgroup or duplication in same adgroup? Duplication in same adgroup surely will disapprove.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Honestly, I have never seen this enforced. To my recollection, I once, mistakenly, I had a duplication of sitelinks at the ad-group level and it was disapproved.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rebecca,

You can use same callouts in multiple adgroups. In single adgroup you can't have duplication callouts or callout text same as your ad text and sitelink text. If you have callout both at Account level and Adgroup level - Adgroup level will be considered.

@MosheTLV: Missed your reply earlier, you mean same sitelink for multiple adgroup or duplication in same adgroup? Duplication in same adgroup surely will disapprove.

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Neha Gupta;

Agree; at the ad-group level, it will be disapproved, but never seen this disapproved at the account level.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’