AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I create a graphic ad with email address in it? For Ad-words.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to use adwords to promote the services of my company. 

I have a service that tests people email's for  (Authentication, configuration, SSL, Etc) 

Normally, when I advertise with a text-based ad I use an ad like "Get your email tested by sending an email to example@example.com - Learn More". If clicked, it takes you to a page that explains the different tests.  (I replaced the real email address with fake one, I didn't want to get in trouble for self promoting)

I want to turn that into a graphical ad - just the words on the graphics (with a pretty background)

Does this violate any adword policies?  It's the only format I have a question on, I'm just unsure if google will frown upon an ad that has an email address in it. I didn't see anything in the terms saying this is not allowed.

I just want to know before I spend money having the graphic ads designed (I don't have an in house graphics department). I was never able to get a google adwords representative to reach out to me,  I even filled out the form online and nada. If you can get one to call me that would be awesome, I would love to talk to one. 

I'm at that point now where I have the budget to spend a little more of Advertising. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henry T
November 2015

Re: Can I create a graphic ad with email address in it? For Ad-words.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
OK the rep went to the policy team and they came back with this
"The policy team has advised against putting email address in text ads. Each line of a text ad should be used appropriately. For image ads (display and video) email address may be used however please ensure they are in line with the rest of the ad and are used appropriately."
So that should settle it for you

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Henry

interesting I have never thought of this i have never seen it done either.
generally you can put your ad through and see if it gets allowed - you don't want tonnes of disallows that's not a good thing but no harm in trying it for one if nobody can give you a categorical answer.
the rules are here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176108?hl=en
but as you said they do not seem to mention it.
as long as your email is not rude or weird in any way and if nobody else gives a more concrete answer then you can try submitting it.
I have a google rep and I would be happy to fire an email off to them tomorrow asking this question to find out if you can wait a day or two for my reply.

-------------------------
If I answered your question please 'mark as accepted answer & star' so that we know you have what you need
If my answer was helpful/useful but you still need more info please just 'star'
- if I have not answered your question fully then please let me know by reply and I or others will respond

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
David,

It would be awesome, if you can ask for me. Not being a graphic artist, I don't have the ability to design ads easily. I'm planning on hiring someone to do that work and I want to get a complete set of ads in all formats. Before I spend on it, I would want to be sure it will be allowed. I like you haven't seen someone promoting in this manner with an email address. That's what has me second guessing myself. I also know my product is based on using an email address, not many peoples products or services is based on that. That can be why, we haven't seen it.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
OK i've sent the question off just now.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henry T
November 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
OK the rep went to the policy team and they came back with this
"The policy team has advised against putting email address in text ads. Each line of a text ad should be used appropriately. For image ads (display and video) email address may be used however please ensure they are in line with the rest of the ad and are used appropriately."
So that should settle it for you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David,

Text Ad = Bad
Display and Video Ad = Good

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Sounds like that's the case mate
I never knew it.

If that fully answers you question please 'mark as accepted' answer.