AdWords
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise selected products from my product range

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I am a retailer of e-cigs or electronic cigarettes and associated accessories etc . I appreciate that Google et all will not allow the advertising or linking of a page to a website that sells these products. I do not understand it - I do not agree with it - especially when nicotine inhaler products ( Nicorette for example) are freely allowed to advertise but I think that is more to do with the £advertising power of the pharma giants and not upsetting them - anyway I digress .

I still need to utilise adwords to generate me revenue so my question is this

Part of my product range is the accessories and paraphanalia that one may need/ like to have with your e-cigarette . For example USB chargers, mains chargers , lanyards , cases , vapourising units - replacement battery poles etc .

If I were to set up a seperate 'stand alone' website for these products alone do you think that would be ok in adwords terms ? I suppose the problem arises in the use of the word 'e-cig' or 'e-cigarette' in the title as they are 'e-cigarette accessories' ?

Also - we do sell a range of 'zero nicotine' products - would adwords consider these to be prohibited ?

Any advice appreciated 

thanks

Allan 

Re: Can I advertise selected products from my product range

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Although it doesn't mention tobacco paraphernalia outright it does mention that drug paraphernalia is not allowed. I'm certain this definition would extend to tobacco paraphernalia.

Also, it does mention that "Google doesn't allow the promotion of tobacco alternatives or cigarette alternatives, such as cigarettes that contain no tobacco and electronic cigarettes, even if promoted as an aid to quit smoking."

Google AdWords Advertising Policies

I would conclude that no is the answer to all of your listed questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I get the e-cigarette bit . but just to be clear you think that chargers etc would also fall under this 'umbrella '?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I believe so. I think if Google can identify any product that may support e-cigarettes then they will disapprove it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Disappointing but to be expected I guess

I suppose my comment will be as the e-cig revolution continues to grow - it is estimated that by 2014 e-cig sales will at the least equal sales of traditional cigs will Google review their policy ? How would one know if they did so ? - I a, just interested to know ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
apologies for the poor typing ! - " i am just interested to know "
thank you