AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise my article published on domain which is not mine?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community.

One of my client articles was published on news portal. Can I advertise it with search ads on Google?

I know lots of you will say it doesn't make sense because its not on clients domain and I agree. But I'm pushed against the wall on this and I just want to know is there any AdWords policy regarding this?

If I could do this, then I shouldn't use the same keywords for it on client domain and news portal? I was thinking opening new account just for this article promotion.

What do you think guys?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Mirko R

If this news portal has its own adwords account it is not possible to promote the same domain from two different accounts at the same time. If they do, have you tried to contact the portal directly that you are interested in promoting your post?

Regards,

Hana

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi Mirko,

AdWords is for the purpose of promoting a product or service. If the landing page/site does neither, the ad will most likely be disapproved. For example, people using AdWords to promote their blog usually get disapproved.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Hana K

I'm not sure if they have their own adwords account. But I see some random articles promotet from this news portal. Tehnically we created new Adfwords account and promoted article on their domain. It worked, but as you might have guessed it drived very little conversions because people clicked on that article and if they wanted to buy the promoted product mentioned they had to click on one more link in content to get to the final page to order the product. It just wasnt optimized for conversions so it was a fail. @RobSkelton

But it's quite odd that you can just open new adwords account and you are allowed to promote and domain you want. Tehnically I could open new account and bash someone elses domain with some stupid ads. 5 people could open the accounts and do some problems for one domain and had it suspended or what?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mirko R
April

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Regardless of the logic, promoting a domain which you don't have control over the content is not recommended. If the domain promoted found in violation of the Policy, then you will find yourself up to the good will of the domain owner - to get access to the code - to fix the violation.... 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

"Tehnically I could open new account and bash someone elses domain with some stupid ads."

Yeah, maybe. For a minute. But if that is the goal of the account, then the account will likely get suspended, and perhaps worse.

"5 people could open the accounts and do some problems for one domain and had it suspended or what?"

No. The accounts violating the policy will get suspended, not the domain owner.

Tom