AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise again on AdWords?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Members,

I used to have an AdWord account 2 years back which got suspended due to double ad serving policy, Google's decision was final. I used to give remote technical support for computers in that business. I want to know can I advertise again on Google for a different business by opening a new account on my name again, I am into a new field, I am a graphic designer now and want to promote the same. Please help!

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Can I advertise again on AdWords?

Top Contributor
# 13
Top Contributor

Hello, Harry.

Unfortunately, Google does not disclose how they determine account "association"

This means that any related accounts are also permanently suspended, and any new accounts that you try to open will be suspended too. If you think your account was somehow suspended in error, please contact us and we'll look into it right away.

They will use all sorts of signals when trying to determine that (besides credit cards) and I believe they will go for the false positives as well. That's because they will know it's you anyway when you contact them and tell them that well, it wasn't you.

So, unfortunately, I don't think there's much left to do if they did not agree to lift the previous suspension (probably because double serving is a serious offence and it is rarely, if ever, unintentional). I do not know many accounts where the suspension was overturned (and none for double serving), but my advice for you would be to pick up the old e-mail thread and plead your case again rather than trying to trick a complex & advanced system.

If I may add another remark, asking about ways of tricking the system on Google's own forum, from a Google Account, will most likely not help when pleading your case, but that's just my opinion, don't take it for granted.

Sorry.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Henry H,
Welcome to adwords community,
Yes you can start your Account.. But Make sure that domain name should be different.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Suman Thanks for the reply, but are you sure on this? I heard things like that Google completely bans the advertiser and never accepts ads for any business type in the future. Domain name is obviously different because it is all together a different business. Anything else which needs to be take care apart from the domain name?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

restarting on a new account you will probably get banned quickly. How ever there is a way about going about it. If you have a legit site and product and show them this information in a professional email you can most likely get it back up and running. 

There are other options such as said prior, new business name, domain, host...anything new in account setup will help.

Good luck!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Henery,

In addition to great point that you have received, If you use the same credit card that you have used in the old account, you new account will again get suspend.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
you need new address, new card, new email, new phone number, new domain, new ip address - new computer, new internet provider, new everything except your name, so they will think you are a different Henry H.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
So it means if a person is banned for "A" business he cannot run ads for "B" business too?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
What about if paid from netbanking?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Dont use the same domain again, or they will know its you.

You can rent a mailbox, and use it to recive letters there and adword will think that mailbox address is your address.

There are ways around fooling adwords i dont have much knowledge about, some people know how to change ip etc and you say netbanking? i dont know what that is, but in UK you can open new bank account with new debit card within a few weeks.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Can I use same hosting again? Old banned domain is also lying on this hosting.