AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise a webinar registration form on adwords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a free webinar about canine nutrition that I want to advertise to get attendees.

This is a first time event for us but people tell me I can't advertise my webinar on Adwords if it requires prospective attendees to provide contact details on a webinar registration form, since that is considered contact harvesting.

The registration form is not hosted on our site but instead on the site of the company we will use to host the webinar.

Please advise if an Adwords ad going to a langing page which contains a registration form for a webinar meets or breaches the Guidelines.

We are confused because the webinar hosting sales team tell us they have clients advertising their webinars on Adwords without issue, whereas expereinced Adwords advertisers tell us different.

Thanks,

Murray

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I advertise a webinar registration form on adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Please share the website URL - so we can have a look;
Generally speaking, if the main goal of the site is NOT to collect personal information; - it is allowed, with limitations;
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for you reply

We haven't set anything up yet so no URL to show but the company we'll use to host the webinar has their own webinar registration page, which is an example of the landing page layout. Our marketing will be different but the page layout will be similar.

http://www2.onlinemeetingnow.com/register/?id=aefd2ef653

The webinar will be live at a set time so we need registration for monitoring number of seat holders to prevent over booking of lines and for the system to send reminders the day before and then 15 minutes before the webinar commences.

What do you think? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

My view: This site  does violate the information harvesting section of the Policy. 

Thoroughly review this section

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe, I realize giving away free gifts for contact info breaches the ToS, which the business owner is doing in his video on the example URL I showed you.

However we won't be incentivising on that page, it will just be a page to register for the webinar... no free giveaways.

The webinar itself though is free, we're not planning to attach a price because we wish to sell a product in the webinar.

What you think?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

On policy issues, we cannot comment about theoretical cases. We need to see the URL

If the site would be along the lines of the example given- my view - it does not  comply.  (It violates more than one section of the policy - not just the information harvesting)

When you design/ launch  a new site, you need to systematically verify compliance of every section of the policy. Review and verify compliance of each clause;
The recommended method is to work section by section, and verify compliance. I agree it is not an easy task;

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Moshe.

Just to clarify your advice:

Are you advising I verify each section of the ToS myself as we build or is there an Adwords internal review process we can make use of?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again;

You need to verify the advertising Policy (not to be confused with TOS).

The Adwords Policy was revised. Legal terms were removed.  It is now in a clear and easy to understand language.

So, you could do it yourself (with the help of your programmer(s), to cover the programing / coding section - if applicable).