AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I advertise a site for discussion of tobacco legislation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to advertise on Adwords but I am concerned that any mention of the word 'tobacco' or 'cigarette' will get that ad disallowed even though I'm not promoting smoking in any way.

My blog will be about tobacco legislation and changes in the way tobacco is marketed. It's a hot topic at the moment and my site will discuss both sides of the argument and provide comment on current affairs. The blog is aimed at marketers, legal professionals and interested consumers.

Any advice?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I advertise a site for discussion of tobacco legislation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I think this should be OK, since the Policy prohibits only tobacco products. Make sure you comply with the Policy;
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/176038?hl=en
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Create your ad and when you will submit the ad it will give you the error then on the error message there will be a small details written with Plus symbol just click it and select the option request a exception and your ad will go in the under review after adword professional will check that it will be approved and you can run ads and if its not you cam mail them and they will reply with their concerns and most of these policies are country centric so i will suggest you to call the ad word support so that they can give you better clarification according to the law of land.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@sumanppc ;

The question was  about a site Policy violation. Your reply r is referring to  ad policy approval.  This is a  different process. Account can be instantly suspended due to a landing page violation.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’