AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Can I Send Adwords Traffic to my Blog?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a technology related blog and I would like to know if I can send adwords traffic directly to a blog post. I have heard scary stories about adwords closing your account etc and I wanted to ask first here before creating a campaign.

The blog post I'm talking about is this: http://www.networkstraining.com/cisco-vpn-configuration-guide-by-harris-andrea/

Any feedback appreciated.

Harris

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author savetheozone
September 2015

Re: Can I Send Adwords Traffic to my Blog?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Harris.

Positive, you can. There seems to be no fundamental issue on the page. However, I'd definitely remove the "Get free ..." boxes from this page because email harvesting is something that's typically frowned on by the algorithms.

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Harris,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Honestly in my opinion, I had a quick look at the link you have given. It doesn't seem to be violating any policies. You have Privacy Policy page as well clearly mentioning how you use cookies and visitor info.

It also doesn't look like a Bridge page (http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435&topic=1626336&path=1316546...

Just make sure that your content is unique and genuine and not copied from some other site/blog, otherwise there might be slight chances of violating Arbitrage Policy. (http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190442&topic=1626336&path=1316546... )

Also go through the Information Harvesting Policy of Adwords and make the necessary changes if required.

Blog meant for sharing information with the online users shouldn't be a problem at all.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Harris.

Positive, you can. There seems to be no fundamental issue on the page. However, I'd definitely remove the "Get free ..." boxes from this page because email harvesting is something that's typically frowned on by the algorithms.

Best,

Lakatos

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Harris,

Welcome to the Community Smiley Happy

Honestly in my opinion, I had a quick look at the link you have given. It doesn't seem to be violating any policies. You have Privacy Policy page as well clearly mentioning how you use cookies and visitor info.

It also doesn't look like a Bridge page (http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190435&topic=1626336&path=1316546...

Just make sure that your content is unique and genuine and not copied from some other site/blog, otherwise there might be slight chances of violating Arbitrage Policy. (http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190442&topic=1626336&path=1316546... )

Also go through the Information Harvesting Policy of Adwords and make the necessary changes if required.

Blog meant for sharing information with the online users shouldn't be a problem at all.

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Lakatos,

Do you think I will need to remove the "Blogroll" and the other links at the bottom of the page also?

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot Pankaj,

I'll go through the links you provided me for more info

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi again,

Yep, I forgot to look at the bottom zone. Basically I'd remove any outgoing links, like ShareASale ads. There is a very subtle equilibrium reg how much is still allowed. You may of course take your chance too but I think you monetize the blog via the 2 large books anyway, hence I can't see a reason for taking risks.

Best,

Lakatos

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello;

I would say this is a borderline case. In my view not much added value about Cisco on the site, and the main purpose / goal is collecting personal info. in exchange for free gift. My view; the bot will suspend the site. It might be unsuspended if a human reviewer checks it, and convinced that you sell real Cisco technical support.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you all guys,

I appreciate your feedback

Harris