AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Callouts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I use "!" symbol in Callouts?

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Callouts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi iyyappan,

To quote this Help Centre article

"We don't allow symbols in the callout text that serve no purpose other than to draw attention to the ad, like adding a ► symbol. Your callout text can't include the following: exclamation marks, punctuation at the beginning of the text, repeated punctuation, or emoticons."

Therefore you won't be able to use it unfortunately.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Iyyappan,

Symbols are not allowed with callout text.

"We don't allow symbols in the callout text that serve no purpose other than to draw attention to the ad, like adding a ► symbol. Your callout text can't include the following: exclamation marks, punctuation at the beginning of the text, repeated punctuation, or emoticons."

Find more details here - https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6084196?hl=en

Deepak

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your response. But I can see few ads contain "!" in the Callouts. How come it is possible?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
No problem iyyappan. Could you provide us with a screenshot for us to take a look please?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Untitled.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Thanks iyyappan, I'll look into this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You're welcome.

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
Hi Iyyappan,
ScottyD is correct, these should not be allowed. Please report them through this link for escalation to the Policy team: https://support.google.com/adwords/troubleshooter/4578507?rd=1

Kathleen