AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Callout extensions are no longer showing in the ad preview box even when approved

d l
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
d l
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So, I've edited the info and the callout extensions in 2 of my ads via editing the ads (under the Ads tab). The adverts have now been approved, but the callouts are not showing on the ad previews. The option to edit them via the Ad is also no longer there either. 

Advert 1 - When I look at the Ad extensions tab, I can see the Ad group callout extensions, but there's no statistics showing and no status showing... Yet.

Advert 2 - When I look at the Ad extensions tab, I can see the Ad group extensions, the callouts have been approved, but they are not showing up when I look at the advert preview.

(Both ads were changed at the same time, advert 2's callouts are approved, but advert 1's callouts are still not approved - they are in different campaigns and the callouts are organised via ad groups...)

Why can I no longer see the approved callouts on the ad preview for advert 2? If the callout extensions no longer show in the ad preview/edit window does this mean that they are not showing or haven't been approved - the old callouts used to show in the preview?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author d l
August 2017

Callout extensions are no longer showing in the ad preview box even when approved

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please note that the ads and the extensions are 2 different things. 

An ad can trigger without the ad extension but if there is no approved/active ad, ad extensions will not accumulate any stats.

The most granular level where the Ad extensions can be implemented is the Ad group. You can not implement separate ad extension for each ad.

If you are getting stats for ad extensions it means these are shown along with the ad. So, nothing to worry.

I hope that the ad extension in review might get approved now.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @D L,

Hope you are accessing the right date range to view the callout extension stats.

Even if ad extension is approved, adding it won’t guarantee that it will show with your ad all the time.

Make extensions more likely to show

Read more about how to Use callout extensions

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
d l
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
d l
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit, thanks for replying. 

I'm viewing the right date range, but this is not the issue...

- Advert 1 callout extensions aren't showing anything - even in the right date range - there's no statistics or approval status - even though the ad has been approved. I'm still waiting for the callouts to be approved, I think... this is a guess because I can't see anymore info yet.

- Advert 2 callout extensions are showing statistics - and they've been approved - however, they're not showing up in the ad preview like they used to (when you click on the Ad to alter the text of the Ad). 

I'm wondering why, when I view/edit the ad the preview for advert 2, the callout extensions aren't showing up. I just want to make sure everything is working correctly. It would be nice to know if something has changed. I've been reading a lot about callout extensions today and I still can't find any further information as to why the callout extensions aren't showing up in the preview advert window anymore.

Advert 2 had its callout extensions approved this morning... But I'm still waiting for Advert 1's callout extensions to be approved (there's still no statistics, there's no info, no disapproved status and no way to find out what is going on, it's a little confusing if you're trying to make sure that everything is working correctly). 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author d l
August 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Please note that the ads and the extensions are 2 different things. 

An ad can trigger without the ad extension but if there is no approved/active ad, ad extensions will not accumulate any stats.

The most granular level where the Ad extensions can be implemented is the Ad group. You can not implement separate ad extension for each ad.

If you are getting stats for ad extensions it means these are shown along with the ad. So, nothing to worry.

I hope that the ad extension in review might get approved now.

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit

I am facing the same problem. Callout extension is not showing in Ad Preview (Callout extensions are approved).

I have gone through your reply. I think you are not getting the points asked or you do not have any ideas about this problem.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Weljii j,

Though, the OP's issue has been answered as per the detailed query raised in the post.

Your query seems to be bit different to the OP.

Note that any ad extension may not show with the ads for various reasons.

Go through the help file: when ad extensions show

Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit, Thank You for reply. But my question is that, when i use to create add and at that time we use to see the preview of the ads, at that time our call extensions or sitelink extensions should also be showing in the ad preview.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi,

The preview you see at the time of ad creation is just to show how the ad would appear if it gets triggered along with the ad extension.

It may or may not be shown during real time auction.

Triggering of any ad extension along with the ad depends on many signals during real time auction.(go through the link shared in previous post)

Regards