AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Call to action phrases in banner ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would just like to know if I can put the call to action phrase such as "CLICK HERE AND FIND OUT" on my banner ad? Will it get disapproved if ever? Hoping for your response! Thank you in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call to action phrases in banner ads

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Andrew,

I'd suggest not to use phrases like 'Click Here' as it would be disapproved as per AdWords policies.

Best,
Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Just to add here, you can use phrases like 'Learn More' or 'Find out how' as they call for an action and acceptable as well Smiley Happy
Sumanth Sridhar

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Andrew,

Calls-to-action are one of the most important elements of any banner ad. With adding proper CTA into banner you may improve your campaign performance.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! Can you also share the link to that specific rule? I've been looking for it but haven't been able to locate it. I just wanted to make sure as client has been commanding us to place it there.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You're welcome, Andrew!

I've created a test campaign with banner ads that say 'Click Here' and found the ads to be approved. However, this doesn't necessarily mean those ads are compliant with AdWords policies.

I found this article that says 'rules that apply to text ads generally apply to image ads too' and this article that says 'Ads can't use call-to-action phrases such as "click here" or "click +1" that could apply to any ad, regardless of content.' Although these articles don't directly say Image ads shouldn't have call to action phrases like 'Click Here', I wouldn't go for it, as ads may be disapproved later.

You can give it a shot as your client is insisting on those phrases, but you can't be too sure about the approval status going ahead Smiley Happy

Sumanth Sridhar