AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Call Only Unverified Phone Ad Disapproval

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is coming up on being absolutely ridiculous. My call only ads are being dissapproved even after calling Adwords support twice and both people stating that the URL is clearly displaying my phone number "as text" and matches the phone number supplied in my Ad.

Landing Page:

https://interconcepts.org/emergency-water-damage-restoration/

AD Screenshot: 
http://prntscr.com/fg78w1

Besides pointing out the obvious that a "call only ad" should not be approved or disapproved based on a URL which someone who clicks on the ad will never actually see, how are we supposed to put phone numbers on the page so the ads get approved without having to call Google 50 times?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenrick C
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Kenrick C

The reason is:

In your Ad, you are using 888-502-4095 but in your website, the number is 1-888-502-4095

Both number should be same....so kindly try the same.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

View solution in original post

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

What does the disapproval message in the UI actually say, and what do you see in the policy details column?

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@tomhalejr It says unverified phone number (http://prntscr.com/fgf9ry) and I'm not sure where the policy details column is.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kenrick C
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Kenrick C

The reason is:

In your Ad, you are using 888-502-4095 but in your website, the number is 1-888-502-4095

Both number should be same....so kindly try the same.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Ahh... Sometimes the ad disapproval messages can be a bit misleading. Smiley Happy Try @Aslam S solution, and see if that works for you - The exact same number, the exact same way. 

Are you using any call forwarding software on site? 

Calling support may not work as well as emailing support, simply because when you send an email, you can include a screenshot. These folks get a lot of calls everyday, and if they have a screenshot to work with, it can make things a lot easier for everybody. Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah, I was having the same thought about the 1 last night before going to sleep. I'll try it out.

When I call support, I make sure they go look at the site and the ad. All three said they saw no reason for it to get denied. 

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Sometimes, you just need to sleep on it! Smiley Happy Get some sleep, try some stuff, take notes, and let's revisit this whole mess tomorrow. Smiley Happy

(Or, today, tonight, yesterday... Depending on where in the world we all are.) Smiley Happy

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, changing from (888)-502-4095 to 1-888-502-4095 (exactly as shown on the site) seemed to trigger automatic approval. Thanks!

Re: Call Only Unverified Phone Ad Disapproval

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Welcome @Kenrick C

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please @Aslam S - Where will i find a list of countries supported for Call Only Ads?