AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

CBD and Google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is Google's policy on CBD oil, this product is legal in 50 states as well as most of the rest of the world, does google take paid adds for CBD oil or do they only offer inclusion in their shopping search?

- thanks

AR

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: CBD and Google adwords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Andrew,

There are some folks around here who know better than I but my guess is, it likely still falls into the same category as Marijuana. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6014299?hl=en

My hunch is whatever you're seeing on Shopping are not real CBD oils.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,

Thanks - how do I get Google on the phone to discuss this, CBD is made from hemp, not cannabis and has no psychoactive component - ie it doesn't get one "high"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?rd=1
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

CBD and Google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you get anywhere with this?

CBD and Google adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Currently google makes no distinction between industrially derived CBD, and medical cannabis. They list it as a recreational drug, they list it as not acceptable to advertise within the united states as a substance that is ok, and also make no variance or provision even for states where medical cannabis is legal, even though it is not medical cannabis. It is very frustrating and ignorant. I expect better from a company that wishes to be perceived as progressive or innovative, as I'm sure you do as well. Hope that helps.

CBD and Google adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

no. they are discriminating reefer madness idiots who don't make any distinction between medical cannabis and industrial hemp. nothing with hemp.

CBD and Google adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

no. they are discriminating reefer madness idiots who don't make any distinction between medical cannabis and industrial hemp. nothing with hemp.

CBD and Google adwords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

CBD and Google adwords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Have google just gone hell for leather on this topic all of a sudden?  I had a campaign setup running fine, now I can't do anything?