AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Bypassing Policies - How is it possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm confused as to how this is possible. I have a client who has a 'headshop' in Canada. I knew the policies regarding paraphernalia but noticed adwords for bongs (and others like the volcano vaporizer) when I was looking for competition.

If anyone has insights, please let me know.   

Bongs Search Results

Bongs - Adwords Policy

Bongs - Keyword planner

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bypassing Policies - How is it possible?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dunn,

Welcome to adwords community.
Please fill out the feedback form at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Also, please be patient because adwords may take some time for this type of review.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well.... We had this discussion in the past;

These sites sell "dual purpose" smoking devices"

I do agree that "smoketower" violates the policy;  I am not quite siure about toronovaporizer.

No question: an investigation should be launched. Have you filed a complaint?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
it IS incredibly amusing that the keyword tool would give you a suggested bid for a product you can not advertise for. Perhaps its for those who want to provide drug and addiction counseling? Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rosie;
The keyword planner is a statistical tool based on search queries data Google analyzes. On the other hand, the violation is the content on the landing page. It's not  the "keyword" which violates the Policy - the content / product  on the site, is the violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’