AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Bypassing Policies - How is it possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm confused as to how this is possible. I have a client who has a 'headshop' in Canada. I knew the policies regarding paraphernalia but noticed adwords for bongs (and others like the volcano vaporizer) when I was looking for competition.

If anyone has insights, please let me know.   

Bongs Search Results

Bongs - Adwords Policy

Bongs - Keyword planner

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bypassing Policies - How is it possible?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dunn,

Welcome to adwords community.
Please fill out the feedback form at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Also, please be patient because adwords may take some time for this type of review.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well.... We had this discussion in the past;

These sites sell "dual purpose" smoking devices"

I do agree that "smoketower" violates the policy;  I am not quite siure about toronovaporizer.

No question: an investigation should be launched. Have you filed a complaint?

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
it IS incredibly amusing that the keyword tool would give you a suggested bid for a product you can not advertise for. Perhaps its for those who want to provide drug and addiction counseling? Smiley Wink

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rosie;
The keyword planner is a statistical tool based on search queries data Google analyzes. On the other hand, the violation is the content on the landing page. It's not  the "keyword" which violates the Policy - the content / product  on the site, is the violation.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’