AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Business/Private statute in AdWords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings, 

If my website generetes profit from AdSense ads only (no selling, no other kind of profit at all), should I choose business statute or private?

Ivan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business/Private statute in AdWords?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

This is AdWords Community. For AdSense questions, please post them here: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/adsense.

Best,

Zee
G+

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I think it is about adwords, when you complete the billing configuration setup, prior to entering the Card details it asks if you use adwords for business or personal purposes, and sets up the VAT configuration acording to this choice.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello, Ivan P.

If you have a website whose sole purpose is to create revenue from AdSense, maybe you should read this policy before using AdWords to advertise it: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/190442?hl=en

Quoting from it: "Google AdWords doesn't allow the promotion of websites that are designed for the sole or primary purpose of showing ads. One example of this kind of prohibited behavior is called arbitrage, where advertisers drive traffic to their websites at low cost and pay for that traffic by earning money from the ads placed on those websites. We've created this policy to help ensure that users see useful, unique, and original content without excessive advertising."

Please take this into account before proceeding with the account creation and its use for advertising that website.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Does this mean that he has to select the "personal" checkbox instead of business or that he should generate original content like blogs to offer users at least information if not services or products ?

How is this policy interpreted ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Gaining (true) traffic is I belive pupose to each website. I am aware of the negative effects of bad traffic. My website will not generate bad traffic and excessive advertising(i bet you hear that a lot). But i can't promise I won't put some ad in the future. Would that be consideted as business activity? Or it is irrelevant to google adWords account type.