AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Understand Google's advertising policies, including ad approval status and account suspension
Guide Me
star_border

Broken the Adwords agreement.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have broken the Adwords agreement. I failed to completely read and understand the terms and conditions. I did not know that I could not use Adwords to send traffic to my website that has adverts (Adsense) on it. My site also points to links where I am affiliated to software companies but now Google have put my website on page 75 where before it was number one page one. My fault! I have now deleted my Adwords account. Is there a contact Google Adwords link where I could explain the situation and possible have my site re-instated.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by PPCBossman (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Broken the Adwords agreement.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi jaxson1963 and welcome to the forum.

Firstly, it is not a breach of the Adwords Policies to send traffic to a site using Adsense, people (including me) do it all the time.  It is only a breach if the primary purpose of that site is to display advertising.  Simply put, if you just have a few Adsense Ads on a website that has a proper and useful purpose, that's no problem.  If you are using Adwords and Adsense in the "money making" scheme known as "arbitrage", that's another matter.

Secondly, Adwords has no impact on organic site listings or rank.  If your position for organic results has changed recently, this is nothing to do with Adwords and you'll have to find another reason.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits